Wednesday, July 3, 2013

4 Days and Counting


“What are you doing with all those books anyway?" Ron asked.
Just trying to decide which ones to take with us," said Hermione. When we're looking for the Horcruxes."
Oh, of course," said Ron, clapping a hand to his forehead. "I forgot we'll be hunting down Voldemort in a mobile library.”  -J.K. Rowling


Fortunately, I have a Kindle app.  Otherwise, I'm sure Scott and I would be having the same conversation as Ron and Hermione later this evening.  I'm spending the day doing laundry (which is rather normal for summer) but I'm almost happy about it (not at all normal) because half of the laundry is being piled on the dining room table, ready to be added to suitcases.  My sister wrote me yesterday to say how excited she is for our visit, and we're all pretty excited to get going, too!

Unfortunately, I don't have an Undetectable Extension Charm, or TARDIS technology, so our suitcases, bags, tent, sleeping bags, and totes are defnitely NOT bigger on the inside.  We are trying to take as little as possible, but we need supplies for camping, clothes, food, comic-con costumes - the list goes on, and every time I think I've got it figured out, I find something else we'll need.  For example, I told everyone NOT to pack 21 days of clothes, we'd do laundry.  But that means taking laundry soap and bags.  We wanted to use our Sam's club membership to grab breakfast muffins, granola bars, and snacks, but have you SEEN the size of those club packs?  Maybe what we really need is a car that is bigger on the inside.  Hermione? Doctor?

No comments: